Monday, November 3, 2008

Obama Pro Life?

A friend of mine sent me to the following site where supposedly Obama is taking a Pro-Life stance, but from my reading of the site I was unable to determine his stand on much of anything other than protecting the life of the mother.

Obama's supporters seem to believe that through the process of legalizing abortions through the "Freedom of Choice Act", and then providing better health care so that women will be able to care babies to term easier. I don't really think it is a Pro-Life choice to pass the "Freedom of Choice Act".

There is not much else to say in response to Obama's stand on abortion, he has no moral issues with abortion at any stage in a pregnancy, this just does not come across as a Christian stance on the issue.

Obama, Where are your Christian Morals?

http://www.prolifeproobama.com/plpo_willdo.htm

Thanks for reading,
Scott

1 comment:

Alise said...

Obama is definitely pro-choice, there's no question about that. My purpose in posting the link was simply to say that there's more to being pro-life than simply being anti-abortion.

Obama does have a problem with late-term abortion, with the exception of protecting the mother's health, and in the quote in the link, he clearly states that "health" refers to physical health. I think that's a reasonable statement.

I don't agree with Sen Obama's stand on the abortion issue, however, I find that "Christian morals" are far more encompassing than simply the issue of abortion. Jim Wallis has stated this much more eloquently than I in his blog.